March, 2012 – Graham Miln

Moving Lifts

If your apartment does not have lift access and the stairs are narrow, how do you get your furniture in and out? In France, the answer is through the window.

Moving lift parked and deployed

Here in France, a moving lift is used. A moving lift is a special trunk you can hire to lift your goods to and from a window.

I have never seen a moving lift in Australia or the United Kingdom. I presume they must exist but are just not commonly needed.

Man unpacking a moving lift from within the building

Coming back from shopping this afternoon, we saw one in action and I was pleased to be able to capture a little footage. The resulting film of a moving lift in action is available on YouTube in High Definition and embedded below: